QuickBooks is the most preferred accounting application launched by Intuit. The main purpose of this application is to make the task of managing daily business activities incredibly simple and quick. Though, like any other web application, QuickBooks Desktop users might encounter some technical glitches. Undoubtedly, the users get annoyed because their work gets hampered due to QuickBooks Error 6123. The error takes place while opening, upgrading, or restoring the company file.
If you are not able to fix QuickBooks Error 6123, reach out to our experts by placing a call at the toll-free number +1(855)-856-0053.
Factors that are responsible for QuickBooks error 6123
- When you are not using the latest or advanced version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- QuickBooks program files that you are using are either damaged or corrupted.
- Damaged Windows operating systems are also one of the reasons besides the occurrence of QB error 6123.
- If you have changed the computer’s name on which you have hosted the data file.
Condition 1: If you encounter QuickBooks Enterprise error 6123 while launching or upgrading the company file
Step 1: Download and Install the tool hub.
Ensure that you have downloaded the upgraded version of the QB tool hub and then run the installation setup file. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process of the tool hub and agree to the terms and conditions.
Step 2: Run the QuickFix My Program Tool
- Open the tool hub that you have installed earlier and select Program Problems.
- Click QuickFixMyProgram and allow the tool to run.
- Once the repair process is over, launch QuickBooks.
Condition 2: If you get QuickBooks Enterprise error 6123 while restoring the company file
Restore the Data File from Local Drive
If you have placed the backup company file on an external device, you must move it to the local hard drive. Also, make sure that you must not open the backup company file from an online storage folder or any removable disk. Have an overview of the steps listed below to restore the backup of your company file:
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop and move to the File menu.
- Choose Open or Restore Company.
- You need to click the Restore a backup copy option and then select Next.
- Choose Local Backup and after this, click the Next option.
- Browse your computer to locate the backup company file. The backup company file may look like this : [Your company name].qbb.
- Choose a folder where you want to save your restored data file.
- Click on the Open button.
- Select the Save option and if you get any messages regarding overwriting the data, choose the option as per your requirements. Ensure that you must not overwrite anything unless required.
Condition 3: If you get QuickBooks Enterprise error 6123 while restoring a backup (.qbb) on a new computer
- At first, launch QuickBooks on the same computer you have used to create the data file backup.
- Launch the original company file on your workstation.
- Subsequently, create a portable copy of your company file having the file extension as “.qbw”.
- Open QuickBooks software on the new computer.
- Now, you can restore the data file using the portable copy.
For any additional assistance to eliminate QuickBooks Error 6123, consult our experts by dialing the contact number +1(855)-856-0053.